Botox injections are most commonly used for cosmetic purposes to temporarily reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and fine lines. It works by blocking nerve signals in the muscles where it is injected, which causes those muscles to relax. This, in turn, smooths out the wrinkles and gives the skin a more youthful appearance.
The areas most commonly treated with Botox for cosmetic use include:
1. Frown lines: These are the vertical lines that form between the eyebrows.
2. Forehead lines: Horizontal lines that appear on the forehead when raising the eyebrows.
3. Crow’s feet: The lines that radiate from the corners of the eyes.
4. Bunny lines: The lines that form on the sides of the nose when smiling.
5. Lip lines: Also known as smoker’s lines, these are the vertical lines above the upper lip.
6. Chin wrinkles: Horizontal lines that appear on the chin.
Discover the secret to glowing skin